Don’t be freaked out that this recipe is vegetarian… it is SUPER tasty and even those meat-loving men in your life probably won’t complain too much about it:)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice and/or quinoa
- 1 can low-sodium black beans, drained (2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos (or coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce)
- Toppings of choice: Sauteed bell peppers, avocado, tomatoes, cheese, lime, etc.
- Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan until warm.
- Put some of the rice mixture in bowl and top with sautéed peppers (I sauté mine with a little garlic salt), avocado, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream/Greek yogurt, lime, etc. OR put in a tortilla and roll as a burrito.
So good, right?! I told you so 🙂