Here’s a little something different for you… Quinoa Salad! It’s full of protein and flavor. Eat it alone or alongside some soup or a small green salad.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/4- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro, depending on taste
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- 4 T sweet chili sauce
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 2 T canned coconut milk
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon creamy peanut butter (it mixes in easier if it’s melted, FYI)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lime, juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare quinoa according to directions, which will most likely call for 2 cups of water.
- While quinoa is cooking, combine all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Once quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid, stir in the sauce and toss well to coat.
- Add in chicken, carrots, edamame and green onions, stirring to combine.
- Taste and season with a little salt and pepper if needed.
- Toss in half of the peanuts and cilantro, then serve in a large bowl, topped with remaining peanuts and cilantro.
- Eat warm or cold!