This is really tasty and a great way to use up all those summer veggies!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for sautéing
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 2 summer squashes, sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- salt and pepper
- dried thyme and rosemary
- Optional: 1 cup cheese (mozzarella, italian, parmesan or a combo)
- Slice all veggies in equal size discs.
- Sauté the garlic and onions in the olive oil until soft. S
- pray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Begin to stack your veggie slices vertically.
- Once all veggies are stacked, pour garlic, onion, olive oil mixture on top of veggies.
- Season generously with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. Top with cheese if desired.
- Cover with foil and bake in an oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Can broil the last few minutes if you want them crunchy.
Delicious on it’s own or as a side dish. And yes, my kids will eat this!