This is my FAVORITE salad. The end.
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder (or fresh onion)
- 1/4-1/2 cup raw honey (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil**
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
Put all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
**If you want to make it lower in fat, use 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup water.
For the salad:
- Bacon (I use nitrate/nirate-free turkey bacon)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Craisins or canned mandarin oranges
- Toss part of dressing with the salad right before serving.
You can use this dressing on any salad really. It is a keeper! And very addictive. I always bring this salad to potlucks and it gets rave reviews