My husband and I are not big pasta eaters. I will pass on pasta about 95% of the time. We were visiting some family recently though and they made this recipe; after one bite my hubby and I were both in love! I made it again tonight and he kept saying “This is so good. I could eat this every week”. He said it so much that our 4-year old said “Dad, why do you keep saying that? It’s kinda annoying”. haha! It really is a great dish though! The lemon flavor with the hint of spice and the artichoke hearts just work together so well together!
Easily fed all 4 of us with enough for leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
- 1 pound pasta of choice (spaghetti, fettuccine, zucchini noodles, etc.)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, tail-off
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas (I only added about half of that because I didn’t have it on hand)
- 1 jar artichoke hearts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 T of the oil in a large pan. Add the lemon zest, garlic and shrimp and cook until shrimp is opaque.
- Add pasta and the rest of the ingredients and heat through, 3-4 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese on top if desired.