This is the only hummus recipe my husband will eat. It is easy, cheap and husband-approved 🙂
- 2 cans (4 cups) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. Roasted red peppers (in a jar at any grocery store)
- 3 Tbsp. Tahini (sesame paste- usually by the peanut butter)
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp, cayenne pepper (more or less depending on preference)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Put all ingredients into a food processor (or blender works too) and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Serve with fresh veggies, pita chips or in a wrap.