This is my go-to cornbread recipe. The pumpkin makes it moist and festive… and you know I love any extra veggies I can get!
One 8×8 pan
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or EVOO)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined (don’t over mix!).
- Pour into a greased 8X8 pan and bake 25-30 minutes.
Delicious topped with honey!