This is the recipe I’ve been using for years. I’ve tweaked it a few times, but I think I’ve finally perfected it. It’s healthy, but doesn’t taste “healthy”. The texture is soft and moist and the taste is the light sweetness of pure bananas. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, a snack or a treat.
one 9×5 pan or two mini pans
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or 1 c whole wheat and 1/4 c oats)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs or egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups banana purée
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt OR mashed baked sweet potato
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the oil and sugar until well-combined. Mix in egg whites, banana, yogurt and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter in one 9×5 greased loaf pan or 2 mini pans.
- Bake 55-60 minutes for large pan and 25-30 minutes for the mini pans.
- Turn bread out of pan onto wire rack to cool.
PS I brought this to my son’s preschool today… 12 out of 12 kids gobbled it up… 9 asked for more!