What I love about this recipe: 1. It takes less than 4 minutes to make, start to finish. 2. Squash is cheap 3. You can eat it as a side to basically any dish 4. Only requires 4 simple ingredients 5. It is delicious AND 6. Even my husband loves it!
- Yellow summer squash (stick with the smaller ones… bigger ones are often mealy and very seedy)
- Olive oil
- Shredded parmesean cheese
- Slice squash in coins
- Heat olive oil in bottom of pan (enough to lightly cover the bottom).
- When hot, add in your squash.
- Cook on medium-high heat until tender (I like mine browned and a bit crispy).
- Remove from heat and add salt and parmesan cheese. Stir so the cheese melts and coats all the squash.