Let’s talk about syrup for a sec… Because 1. it’s delicious and 2. the teacher in me is always wanting to educate 😉
So when you go to the store, you’re going to see several types of syrup on the shelf … Ones called “pancake syrup” and a few that say “pure maple syrup”. Perhaps they look the same, but oh how looks can be deceiving!
- made from high fructose corn syrup/sugar + Carmel coloring + other preservatives.
- Health benefits: none
- Cost: cheap (because it’s pure sugar 😝)Pure maple syrup:
- Made from the sap of maple trees
- Health benefits: high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, ant-bacterial, anti-cancer, anti-aging, boosts immune system, healthy heart, aids in digestion, full of minerals, etc.
- Cost: ranges, but usually it’s double to triple the cost of pancake syrup
Big difference, right?! And in my opinion, Real maple syrup taste so much better and the benefits are worth the extra money.
Random fact: on pancake syrup they are not allowed to put the word “maple syrup” because there isn’t any real maple in it!
Switching from pancake syrup to pure maple syrup it is an easy way to improve your health this year!