This is great to have ready-to-go in the pantry or to put in a jar and give as a gift. The pancakes come out thick, soft, hearty and seriously good.
1 cup of mix makes 5 large pancakes.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or white, spelt, etc.)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1-2 Tbsp. cinnamon (depending on how cinnamon-y you like them)
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can omit or reduce if you want a less-sweet pancake)
Add to Mix for Pancakes:
- 1 cup of mix
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (more if you want them thinner)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional, but makes them more tasty!)
To create the mix:
- Combine dry ingredients.
- When ready to use add a cup of the mix with milk and vanilla. (Can also add it chopped apples, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Cook on an oiled griddle.
- Top with coconut oil, butter, 100% maple syrup, raw honey, fruit, peanut butter or whatever else your little heart desires!