The Best way to get your kids to eat veggies, fruit, protein and healthy fats for breakfast?! Put them in cookie form, of course!! 😉
I must say I’m pretty happy about these cookies! They check off ALL of those PLUS they’re gluten/grain-free (paleo) and are only sweetened with fruit (so zero added sugars). Bonus: the boys DEVOURED them! 🙌🏻 #momwin
A LOT! Over 3 dozen… some for now, some to freeze for later!
- 3 large super ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (if using frozen, be sure to squeeze all the water out)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unflavored collagen powder*
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add-ins such as raisins, craisins or chocolate chips (I like the brand Lilly’s that are sweetened with stevia)*If you do not have collagen powder, you can try subbing it with an unflavored or vanilla protein powder, but I have not tried so I cannot vouch for it! You can also try leaving it out and instead adding another 1/4 cup coconut flour (but note that that will lower the protein content)
**If you desire a sweeter cookie, feel free to add 1/4-1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. NOTE: It will still be a bit runny… like in between regular cookie dough and muffin batter. BUT it should still be thick enough to scoop onto a cookie sheet.
- Spray a cookie sheet well and use a cookie scoop to scoop dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a cooling rack.These should be fluffy and soft and delicious!! Store in a tupperware in the fridge or freeze for later!