I never thought I’d use the words “mouth-watering” and “radishes” in the same sentence… I normally am NOT a fan of radishes. They are just too spicy for me and I can’t get myself to eat them… ever. But I keep getting them in my CSA boxes and I can’t bear to waste them so I’ve had to try some new ways to eat them…. this one is BY FAR the best yet. The roasting really mellows out that peppery bite and the honey and butter caramelize and make them amazing! If you don’t like radishes, you MUST try this recipe. It will change your mind!
- 1 bunch radishes, greens removed, washed, tops and ends nipped off, cut in slices
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp melted butter (or olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Mix honey, vinegar and butter together in a small bowl.
- Toss radish slices in the dressing then spread out evenly on a cookie sheet
- Roast for 12-15 minutes, until soft.