We love these scones though- healthy, full of veggies and whole grains and they’re very tasty. You should definitely make them!
What you need:
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (I prefer ww pastry or white ww)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (can add 1/2 cup if you like your scones sweeter)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup firm organic butter
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2-3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (or vanilla)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter using a fork or pasty blender, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in sweet potato, carrot, yogurt and vanilla until the dough leaves the side of the bowl.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into triangles with knife and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until edges are brown.
- Store in the fridge.
These are so so yummy served warm with a cup of hot cocoa… perfect to warm you up in this COLD weather!