Don’t let the simplicity of this purple cabbage salad fool you… it is DEE-licious! Every time I eat it I think to myself, “how is this soooo good?!” I’ve never really loved cabbage, but I’ve fallen in love with it thanks to this salad!
PS If you’ve every been to North Woods Inn in California, this salad is adapted from theirs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup apple cider, red wine or white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 1/4 tsp seasoning salt (such as Lawry’s)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2-1 head red cabbage (depending on size), very thinly sliced
- Combine everything but the cabbage in a jar.
- Put on lid and shake well.
- Pour on cabbage.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours… I think it tastes better and better the longer it sits.
Serve as is, as a side dish or add a protein on top and make it a meal! I have this in my fridge just about at all times and am constantly snacking on it thought the day… it’s addicting! I hope you like it too!