If I went to a Mediterranean restaurant, I would totally order this dish. Over and over again. It is bursting full of flavor, yet is still light and healthy… a WINNER, for sure! Even my husband loved it!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup marinated roasted tomatoes, chopped (from a jar)
- 1 jar quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- juice from 1/2 lemon + a bit of zest
- 1/4 cup chopped basil or 1 T. dry
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pasta of choice (whole wheat, zucchini, spaghetti squash, etc.)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except cheese and pasta) and cook til heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Top pasta with chicken, artichoke mixture and a sprinkle of cheese if desired.
PS I did add capers to this dish if you’re wondering what the little balls are, but I ended up picking them out… didn’t love them in there. BUT totally an option if you are a caper-lover 🙂