These are fun little gummy bears that are bursting full of health benefits! You get fruit, veggies and the amazing health benefits of raw honey and gelatin (Gelatin is an excellent source of protein, collagen and amino acids). The kiddos love them and I am okay with them eating them by the handful 😉 Our favorite combo I think is kiwi + spinach, but the possibilities are endless! I’ve found that the STRONGER the flavor of the fruit the better since the gelatin is a bit strong (so pomegranates, cherries, kiwi, etc.)
You can also add additional goodies like sodium ascorbate (a highly soluble buffered Vitamin C), probiotic powder, spirulina, bee pollen or maca powder to help achieve additional health benefits.
50 gummy bears
- ¼ cup pureed fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, pomegranate, cherries, etc) (thaw to room temp if using frozen)
- Handful of spinach (optional)
- ¼ cup water or coconut water
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp raw honey or desired taste (can also use pure maple syrup) (some fruits will need more- taste as you go!)
- 2 Tbsp unflavored gelatin (I use this one)
- In a small blender, blend your fruit, spinach and water all together.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently until combined, stirring with a whisk.
- Add gelatin gradually, spreading out over mixture to avoid clumping and lumps in finished product. Stir constantly.
- Continue to heat until all ingredients are melted and well combined. It should turn smooth and glassy. Do not boil. (if you boil, it gets a bit clumpy)
- Pour into silicon molds (I have these cute bears, but any work!)
- Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes; pop out and enjoy!