I love truffles… crispy chocolate on the outside and soft, gooey chocolate in the middle #ilovechocolate. While most truffles are made with heavy cream and lots of sugar, these truffles are made with flax seed, sweet potato and dates. What?! I actually made these for girl’s Christmas party and had one of the girls text me the next night asking for the recipe because she was craving them… they are good 🙂
- 1 T. ground flax seed
- 3 T. water
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour (Just grind rolled oats in a blender till it makes a powder)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup date paste (or coconut sugar)
- 2/3 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips for coating
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix water with ground flax seed.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the cocoa, oat flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the sweet potato puree, oil, flax seed/water, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry. Mix until it’s moist.
- Pour into a greased 8X8 pan. Bake 20-25 minutes. These are gooey, but at least make sure the middle is set before removing from oven.
- Let cool, then scoop and roll into balls.
- Melt chocolate chips and dip each ball into the melted chocolate (I like to mix a little coconut oil into my chocolate chips so they are shiny when they dry).
- Let dry on parchment paper.
- Store in the fridge.