I think I just found my new go-to chocolate cupcake recipe! These are SO moist and delicious… you’d never guess they were free of refined flours and sugars and oils! I can’t stop eating them and my kiddos went nuts over them too. These ones are a must-try!
About 18 cupcakes (or 12 muffins and 6 donuts)
- 1 cup avocado purée
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (1 cup if you like it sweeter)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat avocado, sweeteners, milk, vanilla, vinegar and eggs until smooth.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until smooth (and seeds if using)
- Divide into 18 greased muffin tins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack. (wait til cooled to eat… otherwise you will taste a bit of the avocado)
- Frost with frosting of choice (chocolate almond butter, cream cheese frosting, coconut cream frosting, etc.)