I had a very clogged kitchen recently … Again 😝
So I finally called a plumber. He fixed it, but first made me sit down so he could give me what he called “Garbage Disposal 101”. I figured I already knew everything, but I listened anyways. And lo and behold! I was doing some things wrong!! So I’m sharing just in case you are too 😉
DO NOT put down the sink:
- fresh vegetables of any type.
- vegetable skins like potatoes or carrots (can wrap around the blades)
- egg shells (someone once told me that the shells help to sharpen the blades so I’ve been doing this for years! They don’t. Big no no!)
- Citrus peels (once again, I was told that putting the skins down the drain is good because it keeps it smelling fresh. Whoops!)
- put cooked/baked food down
- always scrape your plate into the garbage before putting it into the sink
- use some sort of pipe liquid every month to keep your pipes clear
Are you guilty of any of these?!