Flavored Greek yogurt is delicious, but also totally FULL of sugars. The majority of flavored yogurts have more sugar than ice cream (eek!).
Around here, we almost always make our own fruit-yogurt so we can avoid the heavy sugars, fruitless juice concentrates and other yucky stuff that comes in most supermarket yogurts. It takes seconds and is much better option for everyone, especially those little ones.
- Plain yogurt (we like 2% Greek)
- Raw honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- Fruit of choice
- Put plain yogurt in a small food processor and add fresh or frozen fruit of choice.
- I often will add a little raw honey too if my fruit isn’t very sweet.
- The combinations really are endless… mango blackberry, banana raspberry blueberry… get creative!