I usually am not a beef person, but I found that I like it when it is covered in chocolate! ha! #everythingisbetterwithchocolate
So this actually isn’t sweet, much to my son’s disappointment, but it still has that chocolate taste. This salad is a warm salad, it took 10 minutes to throw together and was very different than what I normally eat, but so GOOD!
(recipe adapted from the P90X2 Nutrition Guide)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (only if you like heat!)
- 2 4-oz lean steaks (filet mignon or other lean cut)
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- chopped arugula or romaine lettuce
- Mix cocoa powder and red pepper together on a small plate. I actually skipped the red pepper on mine because I am not a spicy person.
- Coat both sides of meat in mixture.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place beef in skillet and sear for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add broth and vinegar and simmer for 6-10 minutes, depending on thickness of steak and how rare you like your meat.
- Remove beef and cut into slices.
- Top salad with beef, veggies and pan juices. Serve warm.