My 3-year old calls these “nummy chocolate muffins”
My husband said the recipe is a “keeper”
My baby screams for them
And me, well I call them fabulous chocolate zucchini muffins. Chocolate is always fabulous.
* These aren’t super sweet and are pretty substantial- you can feel good about giving them to your loved ones for breakfast or a snack 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (white or pastry)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or 1/4 cup applesauce+1/4 cup oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large zucchini, grated (1-2 cups)
- 1-2 cups dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in all the wet ingredients, except and zucchini.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until just blended.
- Add in zucchini and chocolate chips and stir slightly.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.