My hubby loves chicken and broccoli casserole, but I’m not a fan of canned cream of whatever soups. Something that comes out of a can still looking like a can just kind of turns me off…eek! Anyways, this is a simple and tasty version of his favorite casserole using ingredients you already have at home!
- 2-4 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 large head broccoli, steamed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp curry powder (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Handful of Mexican cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cooked and cubed chicken in the bottom of a 8×8 pan.
- Layer steamed broccoli on top.
- In a pot, cook the chopped onions in the oil until transparent. In same pot, whisk together milk, garlic powder, cornstarch, curry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and allow to thicken.
- Add mozzarella cheese and gently mix.
- Pour sauce on top of broccoli/chicken and sprinkle mexican cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Can serve on top of brown rice or as is.