These maple-roasted chickpeas are the perfect sweet treat for little hands. My kids love them! Trust me, SWEET garbanzo beans do work!
- 1 can Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans (or 2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp oil (Extra Virgin Olive oil or coconut oil)
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 1 T coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain and rinse well. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Spread the chickpeas on cookie sheet
- Bake for 45- 50 minutes. Give the pan a little shake every 15 minutes or so. Bake until they are crunchy all the way through.
- . In a small bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, sugar and cinnamon.
- Put the chickpeas into the the maple syrup mixture and toss until they are coated.
- Spread chickpeas back on the cookie sheet and caramelize for about 10-15 mins.
- Remove and let cool. These will make your whole house smell delicious too, BTW!