I have been making these burritos for years and they are DELICIOUS! Bursting with veggies and flavor and they make great leftovers too. Oh and side note, all 3 of my kids devour them 😉 This is vegetarian, but you can easily add meat if you wanted to. And honestly, you can totally customize these and add whatever veggies you want, leave out some or even add rice or quinoa to bulk it up even more.
- 1 Tbsp oil (olive or coconut)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut off (or 1/2-1 cup frozen corn)
- 1/2-1 Hungarian chili, chopped (optional for heat… or add cayenne pepper)
- 2 cups black beans (1 can)
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, cut finely
- Toppings: Avocado, tomato, cheese, salsa
- Heat oil in a large skillet (it needs to be a BIG pan!).
- Add garlic and all veggies and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add a about 1/4 cup water and put a lid on top to allow squash to steam and soften.
- Once butternut squash is soft (you may need to add more water to create more steam), add beans, seasonings and cilantro.
- Heat through.
- Scoop onto a tortilla and add toppings.