I am not a big beef person, but I cannot get ENOUGH of this stew! The flavors are amazing! Not only is it 21-Day Fix approved, but it is husband and kid approved too! SOOOO yummy!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 lbs raw lean beef stew meat, boneless, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until beef is brown
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 40 mins.
- Add squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-12 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork-tender.
- Remove bay leaf; serve topped with parsley.