This has been our go-to recipe lately. It’s super basic and you can add in whatever you want (chocolate chips, cinnamon and raisins, blueberries, orange zest and cranberries, lemon zest and poppy seeds, etc.). It’s gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free and high in protein and fiber.
This makes about 18 large and 18 mini muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey (1/2 cup if you prefer a sweeter muffin)
- 8 eggs
- 1- 1 1/4 cups milk of choice (I use coconut)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vinegar
- + Any add-ins of choice
- Mix well in a large bowl.
- Scoop into well-greased muffin tins
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Ps if you’ve never baked with coconut flour a few things to know…
*the texture will be different. I’d describe it as more spongy than wheat muffins
*they won’t raise very much
*if you eat them warm, they’ll be pretty crumbly
*you may need to add more liquid (up to 1/4 cup) since the coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid