I Know what you’re thinking… “kale salad, addicting?! Hmmm I doubt it!” BUT trust me here! This one really is! Even my 2-year old says “more momma!”. It’s much different than any salad you’ve had… the combo of nut butter, lime and red pepper flakes gives you a bit of zest, sweet and spice. You have to try it to see!
- 2 large heads curly kale, finely chopped
- chopped almonds
- Dried cranberries
- 1 cup almond butter (raw) or peanut butter works too
- 1 cup water (or more to make it thinner)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice + zest of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh ginger (about 3/4 oz) or 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos, Tamari, Soy sauce or Bragg liquid aminos
- 4 pitted dates (soaked in water if not soft)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or less for less spice)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour on top of kale until all coated (not the whole batch! Store the extra in the fridge).
- Top salad with almonds and cranberries.Note: The longer you let the dressing sit, the softer the kale will get. Enjoy!