I don’t think I ever had curry til I was in college, but the first time I had it I fell in LOVE. Mmmmm! This dish has that delicious curry flavor, mixed with a few other interesting flavors, and is loaded full of veggies. Quick, easy and meat-less too! )
- 1-2 Tbls coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 1 Tbls curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 cups broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Cilantro (optional for topping)
- Coconut butter (optional for topping)
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion til it’s translucent.
- Add all the vegetables, lentils and spices and stir well.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Eat plain or serve over rice or zucchini noodles. Top with cilantro and coconut butter (optional)